Elite: Dangerous No Confidence in Lead Designer
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In light of a slew of recent changes to the game with patch 2.3/2.4, we express a mutual position of no confidence in the Lead Designer of Elite: Dangerous, Sandro Sammarco.
The primary causes for this position of No Confidence is due to a variety of issues over his term as lead designer. They include (but are not limited to):
- An overabundance of poorly designed features during the "Horizons" expansion
- A "Devil May Care" approach to quality assurance
- Overspending of resources and development time on niche features of the game (PvP), while other features go ignored for months, years, or forever
- A perceived or real lack of respect for the playerbase at large
- Opacity, evasiveness, and dishonesty when dealing with customer feedback
- Massive content droughts and patch delays, and arbitrary changes to game balance
We respectfully ask Frontier Developments, PLC's leadership to consider hiring a new Lead Designer with more experience leading a team to design great experiences and games - one who is respectful of the time we spend playing the game and mindful of player psychology and how it interacts with game and feature design.
Today: Jim is counting on you
Jim Powers needs your help with “Frontier Developments: Elite: Dangerous No Confidence in Lead Designer”. Join Jim and 57 supporters today.