Private Fitness Studio
Private Fitness Studio
Why this petition matters
My name is Brandie Freeman, owner of Bfitjunky Studio in Watertown, NY. We have helped hundreds of people in our community transform their lives through fitness training and coaching during the last 10 + years of being in business. My studio is for one on one private personal fitness training. I am not a gym with a large volume of people coming in, I focus on one on one training with clients that have anywhere from fitness goals, injuries to clients with autism. There is immense value in what we do for peoples mental and physical health.
We are asking that you consider this as well.
Gas stations, grocery stores, liquor stores, and other businesses that have been deemed essential can often have hundreds of people in their facilities at any given time throughout the day.
While we realize that these businesses need to stay open for the community to access the basics, we also feel that keeping our community healthy and moving will also go a long way. It has been proven that those with lifestyle-related diseases (high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, etc) will and have had more difficulty fighting off illness if and when it comes.
Being small we can directly control the number of people who come in every hour in accordance with physical distancing standards, and our cleaning procedures can be diligent where we clean every piece of equipment that is used after every session.
Facility Surface Cleaning Protocols
- Signage in public areas will remind trainers and trainees of social distancing, face mask, and hand washing protocols.
- Furniture in public areas will also be removed or rearranged to meet social distancing requirements.
- Surfaces in the public areas are required to be cleaned thoroughly with products that meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s criteria for use against COVID-19.
- Public area surfaces, particularly high touch surfaces, will be cleaned with increased frequency.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Bathrooms will always be equipped with proper disinfectant and paper towels.
- Any equipment utilized for training, will be disinfected prior to training and immediately
after training by the trainee.
- Flooring surfaces where training was conducted, will be mopped with disinfectant after
every training session.
We would like to ask that you consider and listen to our voice by making private fitness training facilities an “essential business” in New York as soon as possible.
- Andrew M. CuomoGovernor