European Broadcasting Union: Release full split results NOW for all countries in Eurovision 2013
In light of widespread corruption allegations, the EBU needs to take firm and immediate action to prove its transparency. The statement already issued by the EBU does not suffice.
- European Broadcasting Union
European Broadcasting Union
Given the current unprecedented level of media scrutiny regarding potential corruption in Eurovision Song Contest voting, I hereby ask the EBU - as a member of the Eurovision fan community - to:
- immediately release the full split televote and jury results for each country. Not a month after the contest as usual, by which time said results can theoretically be rejigged so as to be mathematically plausible. Now. The situation demands it, and the contest's survival and reputation are at stake.
- commission an independent inquiry into the potential bribery of Eurovision national juries, the makeup of Eurovision national juries, and potential televote-buying
- impose a contest ban on broadcasters from countries that are found to have participated in jury corruption or televote-buying within reasonable suspicion
- return to the 2010-2012 voting system, which takes both the highest televote scores and highest jury scores into consideration, thereby ensuring televotes are never cast in vain
Today: euro is counting on you
euro vicious needs your help with “European Broadcasting Union: Release full split results NOW for all countries in Eurovision 2013”. Join euro and 776 supporters today.