Petition Closed

Equal parenting rights

This petition had 213 supporters

Rights for separated fathers with children,

Fathers have very little rights to their child. When you have no other choice but to go through the court system, right off the bat you are to start paying child support, here in Kentucky it is based off your income how much you pay a month. After that, things start getting pretty pricey for the father after paying child support and court fees you can't forget your lawyer fees that quickly rack up. And after that your fighting for your rights for you and your child. Normally the father is a non-custodial parent and only gets to spend 16% of the time with the child while the custodial parent (normally the mother) gets the other 84%.

I believe fathers should have equal parenting time 50-50 with the child(ren).

Its not just about the father, it's not just about the mother, it's about the kids. If a child gets to spend equal time with their parents they will be less likely to have a troubled childhood, they will be healthier, they will be happier. 

Lets speak for the children who yet to have a voice and can't make their own decisions. Let's help these children have a better childhood, let's help these kids have better bonding experiences with mothers and fathers. Let's do it for the kids!

Today: Mark is counting on you

Mark Alcorn needs your help with “Equal parenting rights”. Join Mark and 212 supporters today.