Changes to Ennis Dog Pound/ Shelter
This petition had 25,560 supporters
In light of recent revelations, we members of the public, are very concerned about the treatment of the dogs in Ennis Dog Pound / Shelter and demand immediate changes.
1. Sufficient heating and proper bedding for the dogs.
2. Current staff to be suspended while an independent investigation is done.
3. All paperwork and accounts at the Pound to be independently audited.
4. ID and proof of address when adopting a dog.
5. Access to view kennels and runs to members of the public.
6. Volunteers to be allowed to walk the dogs.
7. Proper management of the Pound/ Shelter FB page.
8.Employment contracts for staff detailing their duties and the consequences for not carrying them out.
9. Assessment by two dog behaviorists before dogs PTS for behavior issues.11. Increased surrender rates to discourage dumping of dogs in the Pound.
10. Commitment to build a new purpose built pound within two years.
The public has been overwhelmingly in favour of these changes and we will hope you will give full consideration to each of them.
CLARE ANIMAL RESCUE SPOTLIGHT
Today: Babydog Rescue/ Clare Animal Rescue Spotlight is counting on you
Babydog Rescue/ Clare Animal Rescue Spotlight needs your help with “Ennis County Council: Changes to Ennis Dog Pound/ Shelter”. Join Babydog Rescue/ Clare Animal Rescue Spotlight and 25,559 supporters today.