Reopen Buncrana Leisure Centre
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Buncrana Leisure Centre closed for renovations in April 2015, it was to reopen late 2015/early 2016. Three years later there has been practically no progress, no work started and the public have been kept in the dark. Going from what we have been able to find here are the facts as we know them:
1. The project is estimated to cost €6.2 million
2. The government has ring fenced €3.8 million funding under the Local Authority Swimming Pool Programme
3. Donegal County Council have committed to make up the shortfall in funding
4.Plans have been submitted by Donegal County Council appointed design team and planning permission was granted in Dec 2016
5. A business plan has been submitted by the centre management to Donegal County Council since April 2017
6. We still don't have a swimming pool to teach our kids to swim or leisure facilities for the Inishowen public to use and Donegal County Council have not released the required funds to get work started
It's time for action and time for Donegal County Council to make the future health and well being of our kids a priority. Please sign this petition page and invite your friends so we can get our community leisure centred reopened
Today: Reopen Buncrana Leisure Centre is counting on you
Reopen Buncrana Leisure Centre needs your help with “Donegal County Council: Reopen Buncrana Leisure Centre”. Join Reopen Buncrana Leisure Centre and 2,141 supporters today.