Help improve VHF/UHF contesting in the UK
This petition had 136 supporters
Whilst it is recognised that the Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) relies heavily on a body of talented and committed volunteers to provide services to members it became clear during the 2016 VHFCC consultation that there were clear deficiencies in both process and communication.
We ask that the situation be improved by:-
- Publishing complete minutes of both physical and virtual meetings in a timely manner as required by the Society's bye-laws
- Establish an appropriate point of communication for discussion with members (web based forum or similar)
- Reply to questions and queries within a reasonable, defined, period
- Conduct future consultations in an unbiased, open and transparent way allowing time for full and proper response
- Publish the full detail of consultation inputs
- Any rule changes can only be implemented where there is a clear numerical majority mandated through ballot
Whilst these are not the only actions necessary to update and reform committee structures we are sure these changes are in the best interests of the Society, committees and contesters and underpin the relationship based on mutual respect and representation.
Today: David is counting on you
David Dix needs your help with “David G8LZE: Help improve VHF/UHF contesting in the UK”. Join David and 135 supporters today.