STOP the San Diego Housing Commission Low Income Housing Build of 78 units in Point Loma
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The San Diego Housing Commission is scheduled to build 78 low income housing units on the deserted dirt lot in front of Park Point Loma. The community is outraged and extremely concerned about this project for the following reasons:
· Major Traffic Concerns
· City Council Leaders Not Listening to Residents’ Concerns.
· Density Issues in our Community. No MORE BUILDINGS!!!!!!!
· The residents did not have a voice against project.
· The idea of low income housing or any housing (both) in this particular spot is not needed and the residents have property rights.
· Intersection is already a “high risk” for correspondent emergency vehicles
· Community wants a REVOTE to approve this project in the neighborhood.
· Where are the traffic engineer reports for this project, the community wants to see tests and reports.
IMPORTANT to please leave a comment after you sign petition as to why you do not want this project in our community so the council leaders hear it right from the residents.
It is crucial to SPREAD the word on this petition on all your Facebook Pages, emails and Next Door and also attend the Peninsula Community Planning Board meetings every third Thursday of the month to make sure the 2018 board follows through with their word to send a revised letter to the city to NOT support this San Diego Housing Commission project in our community.
NEXT MEETING: Thursday July 19 @ 6:30pm PL Library on Voltaire Street (Address: 3701 Voltaire St, San Diego, CA 92107)
We already have 28 new units going in right around the corner on Voltaire Street, this project will create many traffic issues and over populate our neighborhood.
The community would like to see greener, open spaces that families and their children can enjoy, simple, low maintenance spaces that beautify our community for future generations. We prefer a green park of some sort that we can enjoy.
Point Loma is in desperate need of more open green spaces NOT low income or regular apartments that create more traffic concerns for the residents.
SPREAD THE WORD. STOP THIS PROJECT. JOIN THE FIGHT. POINT LOMA RESIDENTS UNITE TO PROTECT OUR COMMUNITY!
Our Mayor and community City Council Reps need to start listening to the community!!!!!!!! Nobody should be telling us what we need in our neighborhood.
Today: Community is counting on you
Community Members needs your help with “Community Members: STOP the San Diego Housing Commission Low Income Housing Build of 78 units in Point Loma”. Join Community and 622 supporters today.