Approve Stage 2 of the Bayswater to Morley Bike Boulevard
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
We, the undersigned, petition the City of Bayswater Council to reverse its decision rejecting Stage 2 of the Bayswater to Morley Bike Boulevard. Instead we ask that Council approve Stage 2 of the Bike Boulevard in line with the Officer's recommendations and the majority of those surveyed.
Stage 2 of the Bike Boulevard is part of the Department of Transport's Safe Active Streets Program and aims to create safe and comfortable riding environments for bike riders with all levels of experience. A Bike boulevard typically includes reduced traffic speeds, traffic calming measures, pelican crossings over busy roads and street trees.
Completing the Bayswater to Morley Bicycle Boulevard:
- will significantly benefit children, families and less confident riders by creating safe and quiet routes for them to cycle, connecting the river to the railway line to Morley CBD
- will benefit our community and our environment by encouraging adults, children and students to cycle rather than drive to local schools, shops and cafes
- will improve pedestrian crossings along the route, especially over busy roads
- will improve neighbourhood amenity by planting more trees along the road and lowering traffic speeds
- has no cost implications for rate payers (as it is fully funded by the Department of Transport) and helps deliver on the City’s Local Bike Plan.
Today: Eleanor is counting on you
Eleanor Reuvers needs your help with “City of Bayswater: Build Stage 2 of the Bayswater Bike Boulevard”. Join Eleanor and 437 supporters today.