Reduce Plastic Waste on Campus!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Every year, the amount of waste from single-use plastic at the University of Tasmania grows - across UTAS campuses, plastic waste at our university cafes generate an estimated 8 + tonnes of greenhouse emissions!
In Plastic Free July, tell Lazenbys we want action on plastic pollution.
UTAS catering group Chartwells has already phased out plastic straws, which is a small first step towards reducing waste. But there is so much more to do - we need collective and corporate action to address plastic pollution and climate change.
We ask Lazenbys to implement these solutions:
- A mug library where customers can use and return for takeaway coffees
- Phase out single-use plastic cutlery, dishes and lids with opt-in system
- Reusable takeaway container deposit scheme
- More nude food
- Clearly marked recycling bins
- Increased visibility of KeepKups and discount sign
Are you a Lazenby's customer? Make sure you fill in one of their customer surveys (located on the side counter) and tell them to go plastic free!
Today: Zoe is counting on you
Zoe Douglas-Kinghorn needs your help with “Chartwells Compass Group: Reduce Plastic Waste at Lazenbys!”. Join Zoe and 191 supporters today.