Save Carmel Elementary
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Keep Carmel Elementary Open
- Carmel Elementary School is the neighborhood school for the Arts and Design District.
- Niche.com rated Carmel Elementary School the 5th best public elementary school in the state of Indiana for 2018.
- But now the Carmel Clay School Board wants to close it, permanently. Children from the neighborhood, despite all that is being done to make the area more walk-able and family friendly, will not have the option of a school to walk to.
- We will be left with no centralized elementary school.
- This will affect: Parents, Business owners, all property owners in downtown Carmel and just the overall feel of our neighborhoods and the Arts and Design District.
- Carmel Elementary is currently at 91% enrollment
- There is no answer as to where the neighborhood children will go should the school close.
- The school board wants to build a new school, west of Meridian, leaving no elementary schools in the central part of the city.
What can you do to help save Carmel Elementary?
1. Attend a community meeting to express how closing the neighborhood school
would impact you, your family, and the vision of downtown Carmel.
- Carmel Elementary, Wed April 25, 6:30pm
- Clay Middle School, Tues May 1, 6:30pm
- Carmel Middle School, Mon May 7, 6:30pm
- Creekside Middle School, Thursday May 3, 6:30pm
2. Join the Facebook group “Save Carmel Elementary School” to stay
3. Sign and spread this petition to keep our Elementary School open!
I strongly agree that Carmel Clay Schools should keep Carmel Elementary in existence and on its curret grounds as a vital institution in downtown Carmel.
Today: Save Carmel Elementary is counting on you
Save Carmel Elementary needs your help with “firstname.lastname@example.org: Keep Carmel Elementary Open”. Join Save Carmel Elementary and 603 supporters today.