Approve Ontario Grappling Alliance, under FILA as the sanctioning body.
This petition had 119 supporters
1. This is important because under the current sanctioning body CASK/KO are not supported or recognized by an International Federation affiliated to the IOC or the Sport Accord.
2. There is no supported tournament style, It is only "carded"/"matched" fights
3. There is no accountability to the actual fights, since many of the athletes have been signed to and have been "let go", the event has been cancelled and or there is a last minute substitution where the fights then have been miss matched. This has happened many times and has really hurt the development of Amateur MMA in Ontario.
4. Other countries have been involved in FILA Amateur MMA events and it has been supported by over 30 countries in the past 4 years. They have given opportunity to have many tournaments/events supported and under specific regulations for safety with out incident and support to the development of Amateur MMA.
5. With regards to the Officials/Referee's training, we have the strongest referees in the world, we have had all follow the rigorous Referee Training Plan and Evaluation at EVERY event in order to stay current and be competent to support the regulations by FILA to keep the event safe for the athletes and all involved. With regards to any event in the world, all countries have to support the event with qualified international FILA referees to take part in the smooth running of the event.
6. We have created a positive regulation for our own country and province to follow a rigorous plan of qualifying competent athletes to be eligible to compete at the next level being the World Championships and from there will have the opportunity to qualify for the Sport Accord Combat Games which is the second largest multi sport games to the Olympics.
7. The skill set of the world in Amateur MMA is continuing to advance through many events that are supported by countries, states, regions and provinces where the province of Ontario is falling behind due to lack of supported events or qualifying events since there is nothing supported at the next level world or games.
Today: Ontario Grappling Alliance is counting on you
Ontario Grappling Alliance needs your help with “Athletic Commission of Ontario - Ken Hayashi: Approve Ontario Grappling Alliance, under FILA as the sanctioning body.”. Join Ontario Grappling Alliance and 118 supporters today.