Mittal: Stop selling dogs like slaves!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
What DID so far Mittal's steel company:
- Stopped the promised investments, vital for good functionality of the shelter;
- Left 200 starve to death by refusing to pay the costs necessary for daily maintenance;
- Canceled the sewage machine, offered for free to the shelter since 2008, creating an imminent risk for dogs but also for the staff;
- A top manager threaten and blackmailed our charity;
- Refused to respond transparently, back in 2016, what it will happen with the approx. 1500 dogs estimated to exist currently inside the steel plant. It was normal to express our concerns, because "old practice" of Mittal's company: an important number of dogs belong to the steel company were discovered death across Danube and in summer of 2007 some dogs were “accidentally” poisoned by a company contracted by the steel plant.
And the bad news sadly continue: Mittal company decided to return to their "old practice" and sell dogs to get rid of them. They pay 800 RON per dog and people come, take the money and instantly get rid of the dogs (chain them, let them starve, abandon them, kill them). Back in 2006, Dorian Dumitrescu publicly declared that "Killing dogs or catching and transport them outside the plant premises proof in time to be inefficient measures" ...now, they sell the dogs that ROLDA used to sterilize, feed, look after to unverified persons, certainly not animal lovers, persons living in countryside, who keep dogs in chains, persons only interested about the money offered when a dog is removed from the steel plant.
Today: ROLDA is counting on you
ROLDA needs your help with “ArcelorMittal: Mittal: Stop selling dogs like slaves!”. Join ROLDA and 3,772 supporters today.