Keep Community Advocacy Support in West Sussex
This petition made change with 564 supporters!
Advocacy Support in West Sussex is currently at risk from funding cuts by West Sussex County Council. This will affect the future of Community Advocacy and the 6 Self Advocacy Groups that Impact Advocacy Support.
Impact Advocacy supports vulnerable people across West Sussex with learning disabilities, autism, physical disabilities, sensory disabilities and acquired brain injury. Our service means that hundreds of vulnerable people are helped to;
• have a voice in matters that affect their lives
• secure their rights
• represent their interests
• obtain the services they need
• find out about and access groups and services in their local communities
• tell the people who make decisions about services that work well and what could be better
What people say about having an advocate and being part of a self advocacy group-
- “I can tell (my advocate) more than I can my social worker, she has helped me get a new one. My learning and understanding have grown so much and my confidence which was really bad has now got so much better”
- "I had no money, I had to go to the food bank, now I have my benefits back”
- "I don’t know what I’d have done without her, I would never have had the strength to go to court on my own"
- "Being part of my self-advocacy group gives me confidence as I gain support from my friends"
A recent impact assessment (2017) highlighted that a reduction in community and self advocacy support for people, is likely to result in more crisis management and deepening need, which will be felt in other parts of the local health and social care system.
By signing the petition you will help highlight the need to protect advocacy services, ensuring that people in West Sussex with a disability can continue to speak up, be listened to and have their rights secured.
Today: Deena is counting on you
Deena Stockdale needs your help with “Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org: Keep Community Advocacy Support in West Sussex”. Join Deena and 563 supporters today.