No Cell Tower Steps from Our Homes! #GETTHECELLOUT #STOPVERIZON #STOPHORIZONTOWER
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
REACTunite.org (Rural Eagle Against Cell Towers) is a quickly formed group of Eagle, ID residents that have been jolted by the news of our neighbors who signed a lease agreement with Verizon, for a cell tower, which will be completely surrounded by thriving residential neighborhoods, with homes literally STEPS away.
THE PROPOSED TOWER MARKER IS 25 STEPS FROM THE CLOSEST PROPERTY LINE, AND 80 STEPS FROM NEAREST HOME! THIS DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE 50x50 FOOT FENCE ENCLOSURE PLACED WITHIN APPROX. 20ft OF OUR PROPERTY LINES!
This intrusive tower will be too close for comfort for many of us right next to it, forcing us to live with it or move. Ada County Planning and Zoning Commission has a choice to hear the voice of it's citizens and DENY the application. Public Hearing HAS BEEN EXTENDED and will take place October 18th, 2018.
While we are not opposed to, AND FOR improved telecommunications, there are much less controversial & intrusive areas for such development where safe placement is a safe distance AWAY FROM EAGLE HOMES.
We have started this petition & ask that you sign to:
1. Tell ADA COUNTY PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION TO DENY THE CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT required to erect this tower on RESIDENTIAL ZONED PROPERTY and to Respect & Protect City of Eagle Property Owner's Investments, Privacy, Quality of Life, Safety & Health, and any future Treasure Valley Citizens threatened by such. Reminding them that they have plenty of grounds for Denial in this particular matter, and can exercise County Legislative Rights for it's people.
2. Tell POWDER RIVER DEVELOPMENT, LLC of Eagle, in partnership with HORIZON TOWER, LLC of California on behalf of VERIZON, to MOVE THE TOWER TO NON-RESIDENTIAL ZONED PROPERTY, and hold them accountable for providing MISLEADING information to the homes within 1,000ft of this proposed site, including but not limited to conflicting information on date, time and place of initial "community meeting", sending an outdated satellite map over 6 yrs old that in NO way depicts our current thriving residential neighborhoods, document discrepancies stating heights ranging from 65’-93’. Site placement markers not matching geo coordinates, point of access, etc...
3. Tell the TAYLOR FAMILY, OWNERS OF 2557 N. SKY VIEW LANE, EAGLE, ID that moving to our beautiful state and misusing their residential property for business and financial gain at the expense of the City of Eagle, ID residents is not OK, and to PLEASE RECONSIDER the impact of their decision.
- THE PROPERTY OWNERS DO NOT LIVE ON PROPERTY WHICH IS ZONED ADA COUNTY, NOT CITY OF EAGLE.
- THE PROPERTY OWNERS (whom several of us had good relationships with) DISCREETLY SIGNED A LEASE WITH VERIZON IN DECEMBER 2017 FOR A MONTHLY LEASE PAYOUT AND NEVER SAID A WORD.
We are not overstating the issues below. All information is readily available online and quite telling.
1. We will take a DECREASE IN OUR PROPERTY VALUE! Most recent online information accounts for 10-20% decrease, and more, the closer you are to the tower. Opposition can and will continue to say otherwise, but there is no question that installation of this facility at this site will impact property values of homes directly surrounding it. Because of the intense and on-going controversy surrounding such sites and the stigmas attached thereto, it will be increasingly more difficult for sellers to maintain their current level of pricing in the area. Wireless cellular towers and base stations are listed in the “50 Environmental Hazards to Avoid When Buying, Selling or Maintaining a Home" (The Home Environmental Source Book). And the location of this tower must be disclosed to potential buyers just as with any other potential hazard in the area or they can be sued.
2. Additionally, the ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT in our rural area includes disruption to animal and bird migration patterns, and loss of habitat.
3. Apart from, and in addition to the unknown health and environmental concerns, cell towers become EYESORES (even when falsely made to look like trees). Unfortunately, this one will stand alone in a property of weeds, enclosed by a 50x50 fence with no chance of blending into or hiding from views.
4. NOISE NUISANCE from AC units & generators, INVASION of PRIVACY as workers will have clear shots into windows of homes and yards.
5. Last buy definitely not least are the ample disturbing publications in recent research by our top world renowned scientists and doctors over the UNKNOWN HEALTH RISKS of long-term effects of exposure to cell towers which emit high-frequency radio waves, or microwaves. We do know, the closer you are, the greater the danger. The microwaves from cell phone towers have been shown to interfere with your body’s own EMFs, causing a variety of potential health problems, including Headaches, Memory loss, Cardiovascular stress, Low sperm count, Birth defects, and Cancer
1. SIGN THIS PETITION AND SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
2. GO TO www.reactunite.org for all information on status of tower, what you can do to get involved and make your voice heard, schedule of meetings, and JOIN us as we plan to accelerate any means to convince them to do what is right, inclusive of, but not limited to organized peaceful protests, petition appropriate governmental entities, engage media and pursue legal action.
3. SHOW UP AT THE NEW ADA COUNTY PUBLIC HEARING DATE: OCTOBER 18th, 2018 at 6pm in the Commissioners Main Hearing Room #1235 (first floor), 200 W Front St, Boise, ID
TOGETHER WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS AS PROPERTY OWNERS TO DEFEND OUR MOST IMPORTANT INVESTMENT, OUR HOMES AND OUR FAMILIES LIVING WITHIN THEM.
Today: REACTunite.org is counting on you
REACTunite.org needs your help with “Ada County Planning & Zoning Commission: Deny Cell Tower Steps from Our Homes at 2557 N. Sky View Lane, Eagle, Idaho.”. Join REACTunite.org and 1,236 supporters today.