RESIDENTS SAY NO TO THE 14th STREET VEHICLE BAN & 13th STREET BIKEWAY
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
RESIDENTS SAY NO TO 14th ST. VEHICLE BAN and 13TH ST. BIKEWAY
As part of the upcoming L train shutdown, the DOT/MTA wants to ban all cars and trucks on 14th Street. Their plan, based on flawed data, will create extreme and unnecessary hardships on neighborhood residents & businesses by:
- Diverting cars and trucks to our already congested side streets & increasing our traffic by at least 50%+
- Significantly limiting building access to 14th Street residents - especially impacting the disabled, elderly and those with young children.
- Severely impeding police cars, fire trucks and ambulances from reaching their destinations
- Increasing air and noise pollution, giving rise to respiratory and other health issues for tens of thousands of residents
In addition, DOT Commissioner Trottenberg proposes a non-conforming, two-way bikeway on 13th Street. Her add-on proposal is irrelevant to the L train repairs & more importantly, will create dangerous conditions for pedestrians & cyclists.
- DOT projects 2,000-5,000 cyclists on 13th Street DAILY
- DOT projects, at the same time, a 50%+ increase in cars and trucks on 13th Street
We want the DOT/MTA to find a temporary solution to a temporary problem, one that is EQUALLY fair to residents, businesses and commuters.
Today: 14th Street Coalition is counting on you
14th Street Coalition needs your help with “14th Street Coalition: RESIDENTS SAY NO TO THE 14th STREET VEHICLE BAN & 13th STREET BIKEWAY”. Join 14th Street Coalition and 1,695 supporters today.