#EUVAT Twitterstorm planned: 16 Dec 2014 10:00GMT / 11:00CET
Dec 12, 2014 — The EU VAT Action Team needs your help!
With so little time before the European Parliament shuts for Christmas we need to show the EU commissioners that we are not going to stand for this.
We are planning the #EUVAT Twitterstorm for the morning of Tuesday, 16 December 2014 at 10:00GMT / 11:00CET. Please join us and spread the word as much as possible, especially outside of the UK!
We will be targeting three main accounts on Twitter:
Our aims for the Twitterstorm are:
- Get #EUVAT trending on Twitter
- Go nuclear
- Raise awareness of our discontentment on an EU scale
- Raise awareness of how this new law will impact small businesses
- Get more signups for this EU petition at http://chn.ge/1wyXUtU
- Share stories widely of how people's business will be impacted
- Share lots of sound-bites from the survey
- Share the new website at www.euvataction.org
- Show the EU commissioners that we are not going to stand for this
- Get lots of media coverage
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- Join us on 16 Dec at 10am GMT / 11am CET to make lots and lots of noise. Last time we managed over 20,000 tweets and got HMRC to back down on a number of points - let's aim to get many, many more this time!!
- Find as many EU businesses as possible to join us by spreading the word and asking them to join us!
- Please share the official press release with any media contacts you have http://euvataction.org/updates/ (best practice is to apparently copy/paste the message into an e-mail rather than appending the link).
- we can't stress enough how important it is that we get lots of input from outside of the UK. We know many people who have signed this petition so far are UK-based but if we want this issue to be taken seriously at EU-level, then we need more businesses from other countries getting involved. If you are located outside of the UK or you have contacts who are, please spread the word.
Our aim is that NO ONE will need to close their business on 1st January - and we really believe that is still possible if we all take massive, inspired action - So please join us!
Thank you for all your support!
On behalf of - The EU VAT Action Team
P.S. If you haven't done so already, please spare 5 minutes to complete the survey now - http://bit.ly/1wJonFg. The more evidence we can gather to demonstrate how many businesses, from all over the world, will be adversely affected by these regulations the better our chances of success will be!
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly