Aye and Nay of Different Countertops, including MDF and a Concrete Countertop
0 людей подписали. Следующая цель: 100
How to choose a perfect concrete countertop so that it fits seamlessly into the design of the room and becomes a key to the harmony of space? Let's look at the most popular options for concrete countertops and consider their main advantages and disadvantages or, as they say, “aye and nay”.
Picking the right material for your countertop can be quite a challenge. But it is difficult to imagine a modern kitchen without a comfortable and beautiful concrete countertop. Each hostess makes her own demands when choosing a work surface. But one the same criteria remain: quality, wear resistance and budget. Types of countertops for the kitchen have a huge choice, expensive and affordable. We offer you our hit parade of the most popular types of countertops.
Variant not tough for your budget
Quite a popular material for making kitchen countertops are chipboards (chipboard), finished with plastic or laminate. Low price and high performance indicators have become the main components of recognition of such countertops.
With the help of special technology, a durable, thermo- and moisture-resistant material for countertops is created at high temperature and under pressure of paper-laminated plastic.
Speaking about the design of the chipboard countertops, manufacturers offer countertops in any color with imitation of metal, stone, wood, leather; this material is easily applied in a variety of styles.
- a budget option;
- reliable and easy to operate;
- a surface does not burn out, is resistant to non-abrasive detergents and dyes;
- variety of colors.
- In case of mechanical damage, it is possible to get moisture at the joints; as a result, the table top can swell, and the plastic can become unstuck;
- Such countertops release formaldehyde into the air, which is not very useful for human health.
Protect the countertop from moisture ingress to the joints. Use protective sealants when installing it.
Ecological compatibility and safety
At the second position of our hit parade there is a countertop made of fiberboard MDF. As for operational properties of MDF worktops they are similar to the options of chipboard. The main difference between MDF boards is harmlessness and environmental friendliness. Thus, in the production process, not formaldehyde resins are used as a binder, but paraffin and lignin. This explains their higher cost, compared with the CPD.
- Is not worn off or scratched;
- Durable and heat-resistant (up to 90 ° C);
- moisture resistant and harmless;
- a budget option.
- Additional protection is required at the joints.
With MDV slabs, it is possible to develop an individual design and drawing. You can order any image on the table top that you like.
Countertops made of artificial stones can create a respectable look in your kitchen. They are durable, reliable and at a lower cost than natural stone.
They are made of mineral or stone crumbs with the addition of binding elements and pigments. Manufacturers offer two types of countertops: acrylic and agglomerate.
Acrylic stone contains less stone or mineral crumbs, so this material is less durable than agglomerate.
- They cannot be repaired and restored;
- If the length is more than 3 meters, it is impossible to apply seamless technology.
- Resistant to mechanical damage;
- You can create any forms using seamless technology;
- They are easy to care for, they are resistant to detergents.
- It is undesirable to use hard wool for surface care and abrasive detergents;
- Not resistant to excessively high temperatures;
- Can be damaged of strong impacts.
Use the holders for hot pots and pans. For chops, use wooden boards.
Modern steel sound
Worktops made of steel are another popular kind of countertops. The color of steel worktops fits perfectly into modern style and blends perfectly with chrome: kitchen hood, sink and household appliances.
They are also good for use in small kitchens, since a mirror surface can visually widen space. On top of that, they are easy to maintain and durable.
- Easy to wash;
- Do not corrode and do not oxidize;
- Do not fade and do not spill;
- Environmentally friendly and resistant to bacteria;
- They do not require impregnation; they are resistant to high temperatures.
- Without a solid base, dents may be formed;
- Visible scratches and fingerprints;
- Can make noisy sounds;
- For maintenance, special cleaning agents are required.
Despite the excellent strength, protect the countertops from falling heavy objects and use the stand for hot and cutting boards. So, no additional care for the surface is required.
Elitism and longevity
Even in ancient Rome, preference was given to tabletops made of natural stone. This material is durable, externally luxurious and most expensive.
A rich color palette varies from natural, warm colors to rare original drawings. In the kitchen interior, these countertops bring an atmosphere of luxury.
The most commonly used are marble and granite varieties.
- Have an attractive appearance;
- Are not afraid of moisture, high temperatures and mechanical influences;
- Safe and hygienic;
- High price;
- Heavy weight;
- On marble countertops there may be marks of scratches.
Concrete counter tops are considered to be the most practical and at the same time the best due to the availability and affordability. They are beautiful and strong. A concrete countertop has perfect durability characteristics.
- The main advantage of a concrete countertop is that it is a powerful enough, strong, durable work surface with quite a unique appearance. A good master can make a very interesting kitchen design with the help of additional dyes for a concrete countertop.
- Plus, if such a kitchen concrete countertop needs to be restored, it can be sanded and covered with a fresh layer of protective agent, after which the concrete countertops will look like new.
- The main disadvantage of this. In fact, a predictable design of concrete countertop is only one - that is the natural gray of concrete. A design using dyes for concrete counter tops will be rather unpredictable in advance.
Tips for using any countertops:
- Do not use furniture polishes to clean countertops. They often contain fat and wax, and this will contribute to the adhesion of dust.
- Any spots (greasy or damp) try to wipe immediately.
- Always use cutting boards and holders for hot work.
- Cleaning liquids with salt and strong acids should not be used for cleaning table tops.
- On light worktops, any spots are more visible than in dark ones.
Cегодня Toby рассчитывает на вас
Toby Nwazor нуждается в вашей помощи с петицией «teen camp: Aye and Nay of Different Countertops, including MDF and a Concrete Countertop». Toby и 0 участников этой кампании рассчитывают на вас сегодня.