Sign and Share!!!
Apr 14, 2021 —
As you can see, in a short time there are far more that care about preserving our right to choice than the media would lead us to believe. As discussed in the petition, the mask mandate is clearly unconstitutional and a violation of our state constitution as well as our city's municipal code. What has not yet been covered is that the mask mandate is also harmful to the individual and community as a whole.
If you do choose to wear a face mask, that is absolutely your choice, however, unless you are following these strategies outlined by the WHO you are raising the potential risk of infecting yourself and further contaminating the environment around you.
1. Before putting on a mask, clean your hands with soap and water.
2. Cover your mouth and nose with the mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
3. Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you have to, try to clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water before doing so.
4. Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp. Do NOT reuse single-use masks.
5. To take off the mask: Remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); discard it immediately in a closed bin; and clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
If we take a look around Omaha. The VAST majority do not follow these steps. By mandating mask wearing on the community our city council is actually raising the risk of self-contamination and potentially aiding in the spread of illness. These guidelines are also completely unenforceable in a large population and therefore leads to the conclusion that a mandate is unreasonable.
Please Sign and Share this Petition! Help us show the Omaha City Council that We the People demand an END to the Omaha Mask Mandate.
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly