Petition against whaling in Norway
0 haben unterschrieben. Nächstes Ziel: 5.000.
This petition protests against the massive slaughter of minke whales of Norway. The whaling takes place each year around the Lofoten Islands, especially on the Vestfjord and at the Spitzbergen ( Svalbard ) area.
Year Number of minke whales killed
We, the undersigned, believe that:
- The killing of minke whales and the current annual quota of 999 whales is completely unacceptable.
- Scientific reports have shown that the population of minke whales has been steadily decreasing between 2008 - 2016.
- Only an average of 1.5 tons of whale meat per carcass is used, the rest is wasted.A minke whale can weigh up to 10 tons.
- Whaling is cruel and many would regard it as a crime against a highly intelligent species
- The whalers have also been known to especially target pregnant females.
- There are increasing calls from around the globe to designate whales and dolphins (cetaceans) as “non-human persons”.
- We have personal data evidence of hunts which last up to 333 minutes: we believe that this constitutes severe animal cruelty and abuse!
- We call for an immediate cessation of the hunting of minke whales of Norway and for an end to all domestic and overseas trade in minke whale meat.
1. Annex D Report of the Sub-Committee on the Revised Management Procedure. J. CETACEAN RES. MANAGE. 17 (SUPPL.), 2016. file:///C:/Users/owner/Downloads/RS5429_17Supp106_184AnnexD%20(1).pdf
2.Thomas I. White ‘In defense of dolphins’; Brakes P. and Simmonds M. P. ‘Whales and dolphins: cognition, culture, conservation and human perceptions’.
Heute: Michael verlässt sich auf Sie
Michael Tenten benötigt Ihre Hilfe zur Petition „Fiskeriminister, Per Sandberg Kongens gate 8, 0153 Oslo E-post: firstname.lastname@example.org Telefon: 22: Petition against whaling in Norway”. Jetzt machen Sie Michael und 4.356 Unterstützer/innen mit.