Thanks to all who have signed the petition. Here is the update:
1) ~80 residents attended the Parks commission hearing on 3/7/2012 and everyone asked the commissioners to reject the proposed plan.
2) The commissioners voted 5-2 to reject the plan and told Parks staff to reconsider the whole plan.
3) PRNS staff member Matt Cano has decided to ignore the commissioners' vote and push ahead with the plan. He is planning to present the proposed plan to the City Council on April 3rd, 2012.
The fight to preserve our open and green park has just started. We need help with:
1) Getting the word out to your network. We need more people, particularly San Jose residents to sign the petition.
2) Call District 1 council member Pete Constant as soon as possible at 408-535-4901. Tell him you want to keep the open and green space at John Mise Park for all to enjoy, no fenced sport field and unhealthy artificial turf.
Ishan and John Mise Park neighbors