The Islanders have made the playoffs just 4 times out of the 10 seasons Charles Wang has been owner. Of those 4 times they have never gotten past the first round. He runs the Islanders like a Mickey Mouse corporation with a thrift store budget and refuses to sign established free agents.
The Many Failures of Charles Wang:
1. Giving Mike Milbury the green light to trade franchise goaltender Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Oleg Kvasha and Mark Parrish.
2. Drafting Rick Dipietro 1st overall, over future stars Dany Heatley and Marion Gaborik.
3. Trading Zdeno Chara and a 1st round draft pick (Jason Spezza) for Alexei Yashin.
4. After finally firing Mad Mike Milbury and actually hiring a legitimate GM in Neil Smith -- Wang fired him in favor of BACKUP GOALTENDER Garth Snow.
5. Signing Rick Dipietro to the worst contract in pro sports history - a 15 year deal worth 67.5 million dollars. Albeit making him completely un-tradeable and an Islander for life.
6. So how has Rick been doing? He has only played 39 games since the 2007-2008 season because of everything from concussions, to hip and knee injuries.
7. The continued struggle to replace the aging Coliseum. His bloated and unrealistic Lighthouse Project was doomed from the start and was stymied by Kate Murray and tax payers in a referendum vote in April 2011.
8. Firing Ryan Jankowski the Assistant GM. Charles now owns the only team in hockey without an assistant GM.
These are just a few of the many reasons why Charles has got to go. I can go on all day with substantial reasons for him to sell the team. There are so many Islanders fans left who are struggling every day with the memories of the glory days and the thought of what could have been with all the players we have gotten rid of over the years. Please sign my petition and perhaps we can show the hockey world that there are passionate Islander fans still out there who want nothing more than to be a real hockey team again. Thank you.