- Robert A. AltmanChairman & CEO, Zenimax Media Inc.
- Ernest DelPresident, Zenimax Media Inc.
- Jerry BruckheimerJerry Bruckheimer Films, board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
- Michael DominguezManaging Director, Providence Equity Partners Inc., board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
- Leslie MoonvesPresident & CEO, CBS Corporation, board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
- Cal Ripken Jr.President & CEO, Ripken Baseball, Inc., board member, Zenimax Media Inc.r
- Harry E. SloanChairman and CEO, Global Eagle Holdings, LLC, board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
- Robert S. TrumpPresident, Trump Management, Inc., board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
- PC Gamerwww.pcgamer.com
Contract Obsidian Entertainment for future Fallout games
Dear Zenimax Media Inc,
Bethesda Game studios have released two Fallout games now with the most recent in the series, "Fallout 4" releasing on November 10, 2015 in North America.
When Fallout 3 released, it was met with much criticism from fans for its contradictions to past title's lore, oversimplified mechanics, and multitude of bugs. Now that Fallout 4 has released, it seems as if the developers over at Bethesda Game Studios have learned nothing from their past mistakes. If you read reviews, you'll see that players are not happy about the current state of the game. From bugs that make the game unplayable to poor design decisions, there are complaints all around. At the time of this writing, Metacritic has a user score of 4.7 for Fallout 4, which is extremely low for a AAA title like this, especially a Fallout game.
I write this petition because I believe the Fallout series belongs in different hands. Obsidian Entertainment's Fallout: New Vegas was a hit success with fans both new and old and I believe they are much more suited to delivering a proper Fallout game myself and other fans will love.
It should be noted that Fallout New Vegas (an Obsidian Entertainment game) has higher scoring user reviews than Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 (both Bethesda Game Studios games.)
Fallout New Vegas on Metacritic (PC) 8.4/10 user score
Fallout New Vegas on Steam 96% positive reviews
Fallout 3 on Metacritic (PC) 8.0/10 user score
Fallout 3 on Steam 84% positive reviews
Fallout 4 on Metacritic (PC) 4.8/10 user score
Fallout 4 on Steam 78% positive reviews
- Chairman & CEO, Zenimax Media Inc.
Robert A. Altman
- President, Zenimax Media Inc.
- Jerry Bruckheimer Films, board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
- Managing Director, Providence Equity Partners Inc., board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
- President & CEO, CBS Corporation, board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
- President & CEO, Ripken Baseball, Inc., board member, Zenimax Media Inc.r
Cal Ripken Jr.
- Chairman and CEO, Global Eagle Holdings, LLC, board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
Harry E. Sloan
- President, Trump Management, Inc., board member, Zenimax Media Inc.
Robert S. Trump
Please consider reading some of our thoughts at https://www.change.org/p/robert-altman-ernest-del-jerry-bruckheimer-michael-dominguez-zenimax-media-inc-contract-obsidian-entertainment-for-future-fallout-games/edit. We care very deeply for the Fallout series, but unfortunately it has declined in quality since the series was bought by Bethesda Softworks. We feel that Obsidian Entertainment, if given the chance, would be better suited to the task of creating a truly great Fallout game.
Eric Malone started this petition with a single signature, and now has 2,166 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.