Save Young People's Lives in Pembrokeshire! Support the "Pembrokeshire Protocol"
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Pembrokeshire County Council provides education for more than 18,300 pupils daily in over sixty primary schools, eight secondary schools and one special school.
Tragically each year, pupils in Pembrokeshire schools take their own lives as a result of insufficient mental health provision, or as a result of being bullied. Whilst this has recently received national attention, more needs to be done - and we need your support.
The Youth Mental Health Foundation has developed the “Pembrokeshire Protocol” to create a county-wide agreement to protect our young people.
We call on all Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Tertiary Education Colleges in Pembrokeshire, to come together to discuss and ratify the Pembrokeshire Protocol to:
· Agree the minimum provision of “safe” mental health services for children and young people;
· Create a “best practice” joined-up mental health strategy with a strong emphasis on “wellbeing” and “preventive services”, with a clear pathway to CAMH's and third sector organisations;
· Gather evidence, through safe and ethical recording of information, which is capable of being shared, to allow for the creation of robust policies and strategies to better safeguard the wellbeing of students; and
· Create an all-Pembrokeshire anti-bullying policy, which includes specific guidance on cyber-bullying, so bullying can be addressed on a county-wide level.
We also call on Pembrokeshire County Council to:
· Uphold their statutory obligations, under the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014, to promote third sector enterprises to ensure the ongoing wellbeing of all children in Pembrokeshire - which the Council owe a duty of care; and,
· encourage their staff and local authority schools (and their staff) to engage in talks leading to the implementation of the Pembrokeshire Protocol - to better protect the children of the county.
We ask you to support our call and sign the petition.
Today: Youth Mental Health Foundation is counting on you
Youth Mental Health Foundation needs your help with “Youth Mental Health Foundation: Save our Children & Young People's Lives in Pembrokeshire”. Join Youth Mental Health Foundation and 317 supporters today.