Ban puppy mills!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
WHY SHOULD I SIGN THIS PETITION?
- A puppy mill is a commercial dog-breeding facility that focuses on increasing profit with little overhead cost. The health and welfare of the animals is not a priority.
- Female dogs are bred at every opportunity with little to no recovery time between litters. When, after a few years, they are physically depleted to the point that they no longer can reproduce, breeding females are often killed.
- Every year in America, it's estimated that 211 million puppies are sold that originated from puppy mills, while 3 million are killed in shelters because they are too full and there aren’t enough adoptive homes
- In puppy mills, dogs can spend most of their lives in cramped cages, with no room to play or exercise.
- Often times, the water and food provided for the puppies are contaminated, crawling with bugs. Puppies can even be malnourished.
- The life of a mill dog is one of intense suffering.
It's legal to confine adult breeding dogs to small, wire-bottomed cages, only 6 inches longer than the dog on all sides, often stacked on top of other cages, for life. They live in overcrowded, squalid conditions, neglected, starved and left sick and injured without medical care or relief from overwhelming pain.
- Pet Stores deceive the public about their "product"
Most people don't want to believe it, but that cute puppy in the pet store came from a puppy mill and the mother is still there, suffering endlessly, forced to breed yet another litter. In fact, recent undercover investigations by HSUS revealed that 99% of the puppies for sale originated from mills. They may be USDA licensed breeders, even provide "purebred" papers, but they are still deplorable mills
Today: David is counting on you
David Dejesus needs your help with “You Can Make This Happen!: Ban puppy mills!”. Join David and 649 supporters today.