Mr. President, time to put your money where your mouth is: Endorse a National Popular Vote
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Donald Trump has unofficially endorsed a national popular vote very publicly, four times in the last five years. It's time for him to do it officially:
- In 2012 on Twitter, Donald Trump said: "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy. ... A total sham and a travesty."
- On November 13, 2016, on Sixty Minutes President-Elect Trump said: "I would rather see it, where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes, and somebody else gets 90 million votes, and you win. There’s a reason for doing this. Because it brings all the states into play."
- In the July 2017 Boy Scout Jamboree Speech: "And you know we have a tremendous disadvantage in the Electoral College -- popular vote is much easier."
- On October 11th 2017, on Fox News: I'd rather have a popular vote. For me, it's easier.
- Sign this petition and join the effort to hold the new president accountable for what he said.
- Sign this petition and spread the word about the growing movement to reform the Electoral College.
The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPV) guarantees the presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
There are currently ten NPV member states plus the District of Columbia equaling 165 electoral votes. The Compact will take effect only when sufficient states equaling an additional 105 electoral votes enact the law.
With momentum growing, it won’t be long before a Republican controlled state joins the Compact. Already, many “red” states have passed the legislation in one chamber or the other, but it takes passage by both chambers in the same legislative session to enact the bill.
Go to www.nationalpopularvote.com to learn more and see where your state fits into the picture. Go to www.nationalpopularvoteUTAH.org to learn news of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact in Utah.
- Politicians ranging from former Republican Leader of the House Newt Gringrich to former Chair of the Democratic National Committee Howard Dean have endorsed this legislation.
State winner-take-all state statutes (which are not part of the Constitution) have allowed candidates to win the Presidency without winning the most popular votes nationwide two times in the last 16 years. The last election has shown future campaigns how to exploit the winner-take-all system to their highest benefit.
- Less than 80,000 votes in the states of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, out 136 million votes nationwide, elected the current President of the United States. It’s time for a change!
Sign this petition, send it to others, and join the historic movement to make the National Popular Vote the ONLY vote in 2020!
Today: National Popular Vote UTAH is counting on you
National Popular Vote UTAH needs your help with “www.nationalpopularvoteutah.org: Mr. President, time to put your money where your mouth is: Endorse a National Popular Vote”. Join National Popular Vote UTAH and 407 supporters today.