SAVE OUR WW-P SCHOOLS
This petition had 1,304 supporters
To West Windsor and Plainsboro NJ residents only:
The WW-P school district was created in 1969 and has been one of the top achieving districts in New Jersey, through the hard work of many generations of teachers, administrators and students.
In July 2013, WW-P appointed a new superintendent. Since then, this new administration has been making significant changes to the school system. Unfortunately those changes were made without adequate input and debate, or even before the public knew. Excellent programs are being cut and fantastic teachers are leaving. This first rate school district is in dire danger of being decimated by these single-minded changes. All residents are urged to wake up and stop the changes.
We all agree that there should be efforts to reduce stress and bullying, and nurture the whole child. It’s very important that parents, teachers and school counselors work on this all the time. There are positive ways to address the whole child without reducing the rigor and the full array of our programs. WW-P should keep the same high academic standards it has always had. Here are some quick notes on this petition:
1. Reinstate midyear and final exams. (The cancellation was suddenly announced by an email from the superintendent on Aug 27, 2015, just before school started.)
2. Restore A&E Math for grades 4 and 5. (The board voted to eliminate it on 12/15/2015. This is the one part of elementary math that works beautifully and it had been in place for 45 years. There was no reason to cut a class that everyone loves. A math workshop plan was approved. The famed math and science excellence of our schools is in decline and our kids’ education will be greatly impacted.)
3. Let our music teachers decide how to teach music. (Instrumental teachers are being banned from teaching by their decades-long effective method. Our exquisite music program is a star of our school system. Don't fix what is not broken.)
4. Lower our taxes by reducing the number of resource teachers, supervisors, administrators. (As of now, WW-P has 30 Directors/Supervisors, plus superintendents, assistant superintendents and their many assistants. The superintendent has recently hired extra resource teachers for every building.)
5. Do not spend taxpayer money on offices. (In 2014-2015, $13 million was spent for Village School expansion, which is housing the administrators with luxury offices/conference rooms.)
Today: WW-P is counting on you
WW-P Students, Parents, Taxpayers needs your help with “WW-P Board of Education: SAVE OUR WW-P SCHOOLS”. Join WW-P and 1,303 supporters today.