Oppose the WV DOH plan to put a roundabout at a non-congested intersection in Morgantown
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The WV Department of Highways is planning to put a SINGLE LANE, OVAL ROUNDABOUT at the intersection of University Avenue, Collins Ferry Road, and Baldwin Street in Morgantown, WV.
We the undersigned OPPOSE this action for the following reasons:
1. It is a well functioning intersection with little or no delay.
2. It would be a total waste of taxpayer money.
3. It would be an infringement on current property owners.
4. It will inhibit ingress and egress of surrounding commercial properties.
5. It will increase traffic to and through residential city streets.
6. It will not fix the main traffic problems in the Suncrest area such as Patteson Drive or Star City.
7. There are other intersections that are much worse and delay traffic longer, such as Burroughs Street/Van Voorhis Road and the Mileground/Hartman Run Road. The Van Voorhis Road is a hazard and needs widened, resurfaced, and sidewalks added.
8. During peak periods of the day it will prevent emergency responders from getting through the single lane roundabout, including firetrucks, police cars, ambulances, utility emergency crews, etc.
Today: Ashley is counting on you
Ashley L needs your help with “WV Department of Highways: Oppose the WV DOH plan to put a roundabout at a non-congested intersection in Morgantown”. Join Ashley and 213 supporters today.