Equal Distance at World Mountain Running Championship
- Senior Women must race a distance of approximately 8k, compared to 12k for Senior Men
- Junior Women must race a distance of approximately 4k, compared to 8k for Junior Men
These are the current rules in 2015. We're asking you to question:
- Why do women and men race different distances?
- What message does this send to our female athletes?
If you agree that the time is now to update the WMRA rules to reflect the facts:
- Women are proven capable endurance athletes across ALL distances
- Women and Men race equal distances at the IAAF World Track & Field Championships
- Women and Men race equal distances at the IAAF World Road Championships
- *new* Women and Men race equal distances at the IAAF World XC Championships
Please sign our petition to show your support for Equal Distances at the WMRA/IAAF World Mountain Running Championship for ALL Senior athletes and for ALL Junior athletes.
We will send our collective show of support to the members of the WMRA council and congress in advance of their next executive session and will continue to do so in advance of all WMRA meetings until these changes are rightfully made. We encourage you to contact WMRA representatives individually as well. You can find their contact information on our website: sportsequality.org
Today: Kasie is counting on you
Kasie Enman needs your help with “World Mountain Running Association, International Association of Athletics Federations: Equal Distance at World Mountain Running Championship”. Join Kasie and 356 supporters today.