UN resolution declaring individual days of ceasefire toward an Int'l Peace filibuster.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
The United Nations currently has an International Day of Peace where they ask every nation who is fighting to lay down their guns and declare a ceasefire for a single solitary day.
While there has been some very remarkable success with the International Day of Peace, I am proposing a resolution that, like any good teacher, breaks down the difficult and seemingly impossible into small and actionable steps.
The short version of the resolution is this: declare an individual day of ceasefire for every nation on the Earth, one day at a time, one nation at a time, strategically line them all in a row frontloaded with nations that currently have do not have war within their borders and create an International Filibuster for Peace, one day after another with cultural celebrations ala Live Aid, streamed live an Facebook and YouTube and every cable channel that is interested as well as leveraging cooperate sponsors where PeaceCrafters can visit sponsors receiving rewards in the the Alternate Reality Game for Peace.
One nation at a time, one day at a time (possibly three nations per day to adjust for a 24 hour and suitable trans-planetary timeline. Sound unreasonable, but we could getting through 92 percent of the countries by only saving 526 lives from violence. If we make it that far, we can leverage the international community and global economic and societal pressures to merely take one day off from fighting.
PeaceCraft.Us is the filibuster meets Live Aid meets the Olympics and PokemonGo for peace.
It starts with a demand that the United Nations General Assembly pass a simple resolution to form a committee to strategically align all of the nations to best insure a long term peaceful outcome. At the end of it all, if we make it that far, we will do one continent for a day for seven straight days, and then, with the help of the living and the spirits of those who have passed, for one brief moment, the entire world might be able to lay down their guns and sing a hymn of peace.
The question is NOT whether we can achieve peace on this earth.
The question is: "What's your verse in the song of peace?"
Perhaps, signing this petition demanding an actionable resolution for peace from the United Nations General Assembly, will be your first step.
HERE IS THE PETITION WE WILL BE SENDING TO THE UNITED NATIONS' GENERAL ASSEMBLY:
Proposed Resolution to the United Nations’ General Assembly
The International Filibuster for Peace
The General Assembly,
Recalling its resolution 36/67 of 30 November 1981, by which it declared that the third Tuesday of September, the opening day of the regular sessions of the General Assembly, shall be officially proclaimed and observed as International Day of Peace and shall be devoted to commemorating and strengthening the ideals of peace both within and among all nations and peoples,
Recalling also its other relevant resolutions, including resolution 55/14 of 3 November 2000,
Reaffirming the contribution that the observance and celebration of the International Day of Peace makes in strengthening the ideals of peace and alleviating tensions and causes of conflict,
Considering the unique opportunity it offers for a cessation of violence and conflict throughout the world, and the related importance of achieving the broadest possible awareness and observance of the International Day of Peace among the global community,
Desiring to, for the first time, actually achieve the objectives of the International Day of Peace, September 21st of each year,
1. Decides that, with effect from the seventy third session of the General Assembly, an International Filibuster for Peace shall be observed on commencing on July 8, 2019 and ending on 21 September each year, with this event to be brought to the attention of all people for the celebration and observance of peace;
2. Declares that each country in the United Nations’ General Assembly shall henceforth be designated and observe a specific day of national ceasefire and non-violence, between July 8 and September 20, 2019.;
3. Decides that three countries, in different time zones, will celebrate and broadcast an eight hour celebration of said ceasefire each day from July 8 to September 13 each year.
4. Decides that a committee of the United Nations’ General Assembly will strategically and tactically front loading the individual nation’s day of ceasefire with the nations who are not currently engaging in warfare within their borders,
5. Declares that every September 14 will be a day of ceasefire for every nation in Antarctica, September 15, for every country in North America, September 16th for every nation in Australia, September 17th for every country in Europe, September 18th for every nation in South America, September 19th for every nation in Asia and September 20th for every nation in Africa, with all countries continuing to observe the United Nations’ Resolution 36/67 of 30 November 1981 for a global day of ceasefire on September 21st,
6. Declares that in order to make the International Filibuster for Peace actually come to fruition, the United Nations will seek the aid and support of international NGO’s and Corporations to sponsor the International Filibuster for Peace,
7. Declares it will seek the aid and assistance of international platforms of social media, including Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat as well as traditional media to promote, enhance and become a part of The International Filibuster of Peace from July 8 to September 21 of each year,
8. Invites all Member States, organizations of the United Nations system, regional and non-governmental organizations and individuals to commemorate, in an appropriate manner, the International Filibuster for Peace, through education, public awareness, and participation to cooperate with the United Nations in the establishment of the The International Filibuster for Peace ending with a global ceasefire.
Yours in peace and dedication,
Brian Matthew Mannix
Today: Brian is counting on you
Brian Mannix needs your help with “Workable Plan For Ceasefire: UN resolution declaring individual days of ceasefire toward an Int'l Peace filibuster.”. Join Brian and 1 supporter today.