Safer Pedestrian crossings for the New Woolworths Keysborough South Carpark, Victoria
This petition made change with 115 supporters!
Woolworths opened in a new store in Keysborough, Victoria (corner of Chapel Road and Hutton Road) in June 2017. There are major safety concerns with no pedestrian crossings in major foot traffic locations. The issue remains outstanding and residents concerns have not been addressed. The store location offers car parking for around 250 vehicles. The issues are as follows;
- No pedestrian crossing directly in front of the store. The closest one is approximately 80metres away.
- The pedestrian crossing at the entrance from Chapel Road is on a very nasty blind spot (south side) blocked by a fence. Residents are walking in the garden bed (north side) many to ensure that their children have a safer path to cross.
1. Families with prams and young children have no safe way to cross into the entrance and exit of the Woolworths.
2. Elderly have no safe way to cross into the entrance and exit of the Woolworths.
3. Cars parking in the bays directly in front of the store have had near misses with pedestrians when backing up. As there is no clear pedestrian crossing pedestrians and trolleys are coming from multiple directions. At times in the driver's blind spot.
4. Increased traffic flow within the car park once the new McDonalds and Petrol station open in early/mid-2018.
5. Additional school children in the area once the new primary school opens in the near future.
6. The current layout of the pedestrian crossing at the entrance from Chapel Road does not promote an Active Healthy Community.
Residents of Keysborough call on Woolworths to install a pedestrian crossing directly in front of the store and improve the pedestrian crossing at the entrance of Chapel Road removing the blind spot.
Today: Keysborough South is counting on you
Keysborough South Action Group needs your help with “Woolworths: Safer Pedestrian crossings for the New Woolworths Keysborough South Carpark, Victoria”. Join Keysborough South and 114 supporters today.