Preserve Woodstock- Please protect our homes and families
This petition made change with 69 supporters!
Dear Chairman Gordon and Woodstock Planning and Zoning Commissioners,
We, the undersigned residents and property owners of Woodstock, are opposed to the use of 320 Pulpit Rock Road, a residential home on a designated scenic and historic dirt road, as a commercial retail business. While we are in favor of small business in appropriate locations in town, the establishment of a retail business at this particular location on Taylor's Corner (Route 171 and Pulpit Rock Rd.) will be detrimental to the public in, at the very least, the following ways:
- Compromised public safety due to the proposed business location on an already extremely dangerous corner in Woodstock which also serves as a school bus stop
- Compromised safety of neighboring children due to the proposed volume of strangers and traffic in the vicinity as they play outside
- The significant lowering of neighboring property values, and therefore, the livelihoods and financial stability of those property owners
- The loss of privacy at neighboring homes
- The loss of the rural, peaceful character of a beloved residential neighborhood
- The deterioration of a historically significant, scenic dirt road due to increased traffic
- Threat to preservation of an archaeologically significant and historical burial ground on the property
We know that since there is no distinction between residential and commercial zoning in the Community District of Woodstock, the establishment of a commercial business could happen in virtually any of our neighborhoods, having immeasurable effects on our own property values, livelihoods, and families. We also know that once this property is established as commercial, it is likely to remain that way, allowing for any number of other types of non-home commercial businesses to purchase or rent the property in the future, as well as opening the door to the true conversion of this neighborhood into a commercial area.
In an effort to preserve the rural character, our homes as our sanctuaries, and the welfare of our families in Woodstock, we respectfully ask that a Special Permit for business not be granted to the business proposed at 320 Pulpit Rock Road and that local business instead be allowed to thrive in appropriate locations in town where no harm to the public safety or welfare is likely to be caused.
Today: Amy is counting on you
Amy Ethier needs your help with “Woodstock Planning and Zoning Commission: Preserve Woodstock- Protect our homes and families!”. Join Amy and 68 supporters today.