Make Women Safe in India
This petition had 185 supporters
Woman Not Object - Make Women Safe in India -
Crime against women has increased over the years with no end in sight. No government has taken any specific steps to make 50% of our population live without fear.
This aspect is no less than terrorism based on gender making them and their family live in fear of their safety. Everyday when a woman steps out of the home... she steps out in our country where she is probably eve-teased, sexually harassed or made to feel uncomfortable of her gender or on the worst side rapped, murdered or acid thrown at her.
Women are considered an object. It hampers their right to move freely or dress freely as per their wish. No less affected are their family members on their count. Till a woman comes back home safely from her outing... their parents and well wishers live in worry.
Its high time that something is done on this subject rather than we continue to ignore it and live like an ostrich with our heads under the sand.
By virtue of this petition a request, urge and demand is made from Prime Minister India to consider the following suggestions and take concrete steps towards making 60 Crore women in India feel safe and secure. He should amend the constitution as necessary to this end. It is pertinent to note here that providing safe living to its citizen is the first and foremost duty of any government especially in case of vulnerable population.
Suggestions for women's safety and security are as under -
1) Establish Woman only police station in every district of India to be directly under an officer no less than Inspector General rank. She should be a woman. Also the entire police station to be handled by woman officers.
2) All cases of crime against woman in their respective districts to be transfered or registered in the above Woman Police station.
3) Arrest of an accused only after vetting of the FIR by the Inspector General and on her order. This to ensure no harassment is caused because of frivolous or false case.
4) Amend the constitution and establish a Central Bureu of Safety & Security of Woman.
5) All woman police station to report to the above Bureau on all its FIR and investigations. Any woman facing difficulties in getting her FIR registered can approach this Bureu to lodge compaint.
6) Establish a Nation wide call centre having one number across India for women to call and seek help when in distress in real time. The number should be like 100 which we use at present to call police to report a crime.
7) Establish dedicated trial courts to only deal with crime against women for speedy judgement. The judge of this court should be a woman. It must be equipped with video conferencing facility for complainant woman and for the witness of the case. This will ensure hassle free trial encouraging more woman to report crime against them bringing more perpetrators to justice.
8) Media campaign must be run regularly to highlight the functioning of these dedicated police stations and dedicated trial courts to create and environment of fear of law in anti socials or perpetrators of crime against wonen. This will create an environment of sense of security in the mind of women and their parents and their family.
The above suggestions in the petition have been drawn expecting much needed and long overdue reform alongside taking every other step in overhauling our system towards making women feel safe and secure.
Today: Manish is counting on you
Manish Mishra needs your help with “Woman Not An Object”. Join Manish and 184 supporters today.