The Wolf and Wolf-Dog (Wolfdog, Wolf Hybrid) Nonprofit Challenge
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
"BORN WILD BUT NOT BORN FREE"
As you read this, the captive wolf and wolf-dog debate rages on (as it has for decades) while thousands of wolves and [true] wolf-dogs spend their lives in the private and commercial possession (captivity) and exploitation of breeders, owners, hoarders, nonprofits and for-profits.
The tragedy is that [true] wolf-dogs are, to one degree or another (depending on their wolf and domestic dog genetic composition), inherently wild animals that suffer physically and psychologically in private and commercial possession. And, in fact, [true] very high content wolf-dogs, wolf-dogs that are born with a genetic presentation that is dominated by wolf indicators, can be physically and behaviorally indistinguishable from a wolf taken from the wild and raised in captivity.
The breeding and trafficking of wolves and wolf-dogs continues to force many wild canines into frustrating lives of private, nonprofit and for-profit possession and exploitation.
For years now, captive wolf and wolf-dog “enthusiasts” have developed and fine-tuned misleading and deceitful propaganda in order to defend and promote selfish enthusiasms and misguided commercial interests. Their rhetoric and tactics were, and continue to be, successful at misleading the general public, deflecting negative criticisms and overtly and/or covertly promoting wolf and wolf-dog breeding, trafficking, possession and exploitation.
The growing number and size of wolf and wolf-dog nonprofits in the US and around the world is a testament to successful wolf and wolf-dog deceit and propaganda – it is a genuine man-made travesty.
Legislation is the only thing that has ever stood between inherently wild animals and those that wish to breed, traffic, possess, exploit and abuse their wild nature.
Wolf and wolf-dog nonprofits (sanctuaries, rescues, refuges, centers, havens and other organizations) that have the ear of millions of people are in a position to be part of The Solution or continue to be part of the problem.
The Solution – legislation that would make it a criminal offense to:
1. Privately possess any canine that tests positive for significant Wolf DNA (confirmed Wolf or Wolf-Dog) without a special permit which defines and enforces specific environmental requirements (proposed environmental requirements and "grandfather assistance" designed to not break existing bonds and insure adequate care to be defined in adjunct documentation)
2. Privately breed any canine that tests positive for significant Wolf DNA (confirmed Wolf or Wolf-Dog)
3. Privately sell any canine that tests positive for significant Wolf DNA (confirmed Wolf or Wolf-Dog)
4. Privately traffic any canine that tests positive for significant Wolf DNA (confirmed Wolf or Wolf-Dog)
5. Privately advertise any canine described as part or pure (full) "Wolf"
6. Privately solicit for any canine described as part or pure (full) "Wolf"
7. Privately export any canine that tests positive for significant Wolf DNA (confirmed Wolf or Wolf-Dog)
8. Privately import any canine that tests positive for significant Wolf DNA (confirmed Wolf or Wolf-Dog)
You can help end the breeding, inbreeding, trafficking, suffering, abandonment, euthanasia, exploitation and abuse of wolves and wolf-dogs.
You can you help spare a countless number of innately and inherently wild canines from a future life of confinement in contrived unnatural and physically and psychologically uncomfortable and barren environments.
Don't be afraid to take a stand and show the wolf and wolf-dog nonprofits that we are growing in numbers, watching and will support their action or, alternatively, hold them accountable for their inaction.
Please sign, share and pledge to challenge every wolf and wolf-dog nonprofit sanctuary, rescue, refuge, center, haven and organization you can to genuinely care and officially support legislation to end the breeding and trafficking of wolves and wolf-dogs.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!