FREE DAVID IAN BLUE
FREE DAVID IAN BLUE
Why this petition matters
Our beloved family member, David Ian Blue, is facing an unimaginable nightmare since being wrongfully convicted, in September 2021, of a crime he did not commit. The Blue family is living this nightmare alongside him, just as many other families who have suffered alongside their wrongly convicted loved ones. David has dedicated his life to being a kind, caring, and giving person, and has provided a safe, nurturing, and stable home for his children. In twenty-two years, as a nurse anesthetist and a respected community member,
David has been recognized by his colleagues for an exemplary career. His professionalism has been beyond reproach. He’s never been convicted or committed any crime. However, recently David was wrongfully convicted of abusing his adopted daughter, based on allegations from his spouse during a bitter divorce.
David has always shown his children love and support and is completely innocent. His conviction was the result of a trial that was full of legal and procedural errors and should be overturned as a matter of law. David's incarceration was the result of a rush to judgment, in a broken legal system, which has denied him justice and the right to a fair trial. His family and their attorney will not stop until David is free and comes home to them.
January 17, 2022: Jennifer Bonjean, Esq. submitted a supplemental filing to Judge Schafer’s request for a 5-day delay for a written ruling on a new trial.
January 14, 2022: Jennifer Bonjean, Esq. argued motions to vacate and a new trial before Judge Michelle M. Schafer. Judge Schafer denied the motion to vacate the sentence and delayed the ruling on a new trial for 5 days.
- January 7, 2022: Newly appointed attorney, Jennifer Bonjean will file a response to the state’s response.
- December 21, 2021: Response to Defendant's Motion for New Trial filed.
- November 17, 2021: Motion for a New Trial filed by Jennifer Bonjean, ESQ.
- November 16, 2021: Motion to Reconsider Sentence filed by Jennifer Bonjean, Esq.
- November 8, 2021: Substitution of Counsel filed on behalf of David Ian Blue.
- September 10, 2021: David Ian Blue is incarcerated in Marion, Illinois, Williamson County.
If you would like to support our mission to Free David Ian Blue, then here’s how to help:
- Write a letter to the Illinois State Attorney Williamson County Court asking to dismiss the charges against David Ian Blue.
- Sign our petition at change.org/
Contribute to David’s defense fund gofundme.
- Support on social media by following @freedavidianblue on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.