Petition Closed

Able to claim child support paid on your taxes in Wisconsin.

This petition had 69 supporters

As a father with four children, I am required to pay child support even with shared placement. Unfortunately,  me claiming three of my four children as dependants on my taxes does not compensate for all the money paid in for child support per week.  At the moment, I am paying 330$ per week,  and, after all of the other deductions taken out of my check, my average take home pay is 450$ per week,  and that is for myself and my four children. I am not asking for parents to get out of child support,  but it seems only right that the money paid out for child support should be able to be claimed in the tax year it was given,  and that money should count as income to the receiving party. All of the income the paying party worked for is counted as income even though that income is for their children as well,  but child support is tax free, and the paying parent has no compensation for that loss of income represented on their taxes. I hope you will see this as a worthy cause for the single parents who are surviving of just their income with their children, and could really use the claim of child support on their taxes. 

Today: William is counting on you

William Douglas needs your help with “William Douglas: Able to claim child support paid on your taxes in Wisconsin.”. Join William and 68 supporters today.