Implement proper traffic management at Epping Views Primary School
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
To the Mayor and Councillors of Whittlesea City Council,
As a matter of public safety we call on council to implement the proposed traffic management plan as consulted and agreed between: Epping Views Primary School Council and Principal, Whittlesea Council Engineers, and State Government Office of Bronwyn Halfpenny MP.
The Epping Views Primary School community continues to experience traffic safety issues such as drivers double parking, parking in residential driveways, people driving on the wrong side of the road and drivers illegally parking their vehicles.
The traffic congestion has been a safety concern for a while and the school council continues to fight for changes.
- School council reps have been active meeting with Whittlesea Council engineers, and South West Ward Councillors, to put together a traffic management plan to improve the safety issues around the school. On advice and suggestions by parties, Whittlesea council engineers drafted a traffic management plan. School Council met with reps from Bronwyn Halfpenny’s office, and they have been helping us with our proposal.
- The traffic management plan was presented to one of Whittlesea Council monthly meetings, and it was rejected on the bases of seeking State Funding.
- School Council met with South West Councillors, Whittlesea Council Engineers, Director of City and Transport and a rep from Bronwyn Halfpenny’s office to further discuss the traffic management plan. At this point all were in agreeance with the plan providing State Government put a budget submission for some funds and local council would provide the other half of the funding.
- Our traffic management plan was once again tabled at a further Whittlesea Council’s monthly meeting. Once again our traffic management plan was rejected by councillors as their further advice was that there are other school’s in the area that also need attention.
- This plan has been rejected twice by Whittlesea Councillors despite the plan being done by their own engineers. These Councillors don’t want to provide much-needed support to Epping Views Primary School. They also don’t want Bronwyn Halfpenny to get a profile as she chases State Government funds to assist us.
- We believe other schools have issues as well, but we are talking about a Government school - Epping Views Primary School - which is one of the biggest in Victoria, in need of the council’s support to address our community’s safety problem.
Our School Council continues to push for changes - a positive step for the community - but we need the community's help!
What we are trying to achieve:
- Introduce 3 Minute drop off and pick zone around the entire perimeter of the school
- Create more car spaces
- Paint a continuous line (unbroken) centre-line in Dunolly and Mansfield Streets to make it illegal to perform U-Turns
- Create new designated area for a Kiss & drop off zone on the North East corner of the school that runs parallel to Mansfield Street
- Create extra parking for staff
Please sign this petition to help us get this funding!
Today: Epping Views Primary School Council is counting on you
Epping Views Primary School Council needs your help with “Whittlesea City Council: Implement proper traffic management at Epping Views Primary School”. Join Epping Views Primary School Council and 179 supporters today.