Listen to & work with Women's Rights Advocates Australia.
This petition had 181 supporters
WE INSIST WHITE RIBBON AUSTRALIA TAKE A REAL STAND AGAINST MALE-VIOLENCE-AGAINST-WOMEN:
- Listen to, and act on advice from female advocates for women.
- Acknowledge there is a toxic culture behind two women a week being murdered by male violence in this country.
- Take a pledge to challenge this culture and help change our current paradigm of masculinity, including personal actions and words.
- Implement a respect and responsibility policy for all ambassadors and partners, and reassess partnerships with organisations who do not comply.
- Include guidelines for men, on how to turn away from, stop the demand for, and stand up against this culture, extending these guidelines to all fundraising events.
- Circulate female survivor literature regularly among your pledges, supporters and social media followers.
- Publicly support women led campaigns and acknowledge our work and the language we use.
- Publicly support women's rights advocates when men use abusive language and threats of violence to silence us.
- Start naming the problem, male violence and male sexual entitlement, NOT intimate partner violence.
- Meet the standards set by White Ribbon in other countries by immediately implementing all of the above.
Read full Open Letter to White Ribbon Australia HERE
Lily Munroe, REAL for women
Paula Orbea, Questions For Us
Liz Waterhouse, Shout Out
Simone Andrea, survivor of prostitution
Marie Hume, Mairi Voice
Sign the petition to add your name to this open letter.
Today: Lily is counting on you
Lily Munroe needs your help with “White Ribbon Australia: Listen to & work with Women's Rights Advocates Australia.”. Join Lily and 180 supporters today.