Community gardens in Westchester County parks
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Instead of an expensive ice rink at the Kensico location, why not ask the people of Westchester what WE want for our public parkland?
Westchester Parks should be for the benefit of people, its time for a leader to step up and take a stand for public health, our environment and building healthier and resilient communities that will be better equipped to handle the challenges ahead.
Instead of a multi million dollar skating rink, I and many others would like to propose that public space at the Kensico location along with pubic parks throughout Westchester County dedicate space for community garden projects.
Community gardens have many benefits.
- Its the most effective tactic to encourage increased consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. When people grow food, they eat it.
- An opportunity for all ages to engage in physical activity, skill building, and creating green space.
- Revive and beautify public parks.
- Improve social well-being through strengthening social connections.
- Improve food access to all.
Many cities and counties throughout the US have already dedicated county park land and public spaces to community gardens. This county wide project could be implemented at a fraction of the cost of the Kensico skating project.
Today: susan is counting on you
susan rubin needs your help with “Westchester County Board of Legislators : Community gardens in Westchester County parks”. Join susan and 239 supporters today.