Stop Maclean’s from being unjustly offensive to Canadians. Ask them to recant & apologize!
This petition had 298 supporters
On Jan, 21, 2016, Maclean’s Magazine published an article - "The angry, radical right - Why a growing number of extremists are lashing out publicly at Muslim immigrants—and Justin Trudeau"
Feb 8, 2016 - On behalf of those Canadians described as an "angry radical right extremists" I expressed my displeasure in a letter to the editor-in-chief, to which I have not received a response. In the letter, I asked for a retraction and apology.
What I took exception to:
- The Right - which the author, Mr. Patriquin defines as Conservatives, Zionists, the military, Christian militants, and the “occasional white nationalist" is described as an angry, dangerous fringe member of Canadian society.
- The "radical" Right is tearing Canada apart inference, evidenced by the shredded Canadian flag image.
- Two hapless private Canadian citizens were randomly targeted. Named and shamed in the article. Their rants on social media served as fodder for the article. One of them was even subject to a RCMP investigation, just for expressing his political views on Facebook.
- The Canadian Right is accused of being “radical right wing extremist" - equated with Fascism and Authoritarianism and having behaviours that lean towards extremism and terrorism . Nowhere in this article is there a credible source to support this assertion since it is completely outrageous and twisted.
- The article is divisive. It targets a large segment of the Canadian population and serves to silence them through ridicule.
- The press needs to behave with integrity and not marginalize a segment of the population whose views they disagree with.
I am asking you please to do one or more of the following:
- Sign the petition AND PASS IT ON
- Send a letter or email to Mark.Stevenson@rci.rogers.com
- Call Maclean's at 1-800-268-9119 ext. 1706
- Boycott Maclean's magazine
Today: wendy is counting on you
wendy lynn needs your help with “wendy lynn: Stop Maclean’s from being unjustly offensive to Canadians. Ask them to recant & apologize!”. Join wendy and 297 supporters today.