Sidewalk on Weddington-Matthews Road
This petition had 83 supporters
We would like to petition the Weddington Town Council* to add a sidewalk along the northwest side of Weddington-Matthews Road in order to connect Bromley Estates Neighborhood to the Weddington Town Hall, Weddington Corners (Harris Teeter) Shopping Center, and Weddington Activity Center. This would provide numerous benefits for the 121 homeowners in Bromley, as well as the 130 (current and future) homeowners in the new Atherton development.
Weddington-Matthews Road is a busy street with no shoulders and is currently dangerous to use for the purpose of walking or running. The addition of this 0.8 mile sidewalk would provide the ability to...
- Walk to/from the Food Truck Fridays at the Town Hall
- Safely run a loop from the back entrance of Bromley to the front
- Connect Bromley to Atherton
- Allow tweens and teens to safely walk to jobs at Weddington Corners and/or activities at the Weddington Activity Center
- Create additional walking distance for families and pet owners
*Please join me as I present this petition to the Council at their next meeting on Monday, August 14th at 7pm. The more people the better when it comes to getting our voices heard! http://www.townofweddington.com/calendar/
Today: Lisa is counting on you
Lisa Leake needs your help with “Weddington Town Council: Sidewalk on Weddington-Matthews Road”. Join Lisa and 82 supporters today.