We want a corruption free Indian Olympic Association.
Indian Athletes presently are unable to compete for India under the tricolour in any multi discipline International competition. This is because Indian Olympic Association is suspended from the Olympic movement for poor ethical and governance standards.
As athletes we want more than anybody or anything else for India to be reinstated into the Olympic fold. We were delighted by the IOC recommendations and it was the first time that the Indian sport fraternity could opt for sweeping reforms. However, we are now deeply troubled by the outcomes after the last meeting.
We strongly believe that India’s reintroduction into the Olympic movement must be focused around substantial ethical and governance related reforms.
For better Governance of the IOA, we want the following :
1. Keep all corrupt and criminals out of IOA- any individual who has charges framed against him/her in Court should not be eligible to run for any election until the time the individual is cleared by the courts.
2. There should be a maximum upper limit of 20 Executive Council members.
3. State Olympic Associations not to be given any voting rights.
4. Voting composition to be as recommended by the IOC: 2 Votes each for sports federations administering Olympic sports and 1 each for all other members.
5. Restriction of age to a maximum 70 years on ALL members of the IOA as stipulated in Rule 16.3.3 of the Olympic Charter and not limit it to only the President, Secretary and Treasurer.restriction on tenure must be in accordance with Rule 19.2, 19.3 & 20.1 of the IOC Olympic Charter which restricts tenure of all Executive Council Members to a max of 8 or 12 years as the case may be.
Abhinav Bindra - Olympic , World , Asian and Commonwealth Champion
Mahesh Bhupathi - 5 time Olympian & winner of 12 Grand Slams
Shiva Keshavan - 4 time winter Olympian & Asian Champion
Sushil Kumar - Olympic Silver /Bronze, World , Asian & Commonwealth Champion
Yogeshwar Dutt - Olympic & Asian games Bronze , Asian & Commonwealth Champion
Joydeep Karmakar - 2012 Olympic finalist
Suma Shirur - 2004 Olympic finalist
Manisha Malhotra - Asian Silver , IOC award contribution women sport & Mittal Champions Trust
Ashwini Nachappa - Olympian , Asian Silver
Reeth Abraham - Silver World Masters Athletics & Join Convener Clean Sports India
Viren Rasquinha - Olympian , Asian & Junior World Champion , Olympic Gold Quest
Morad Ali Khan - Commonwealth Champion & Chairman athletes commission for shooting
Rojan Sodhi - 2012 Olympian & Asian Games Champion
Mansher Singh - 4 time Olympian
Farokh Tarapore - 3 time Olympian , World & Asian Champion
Rahul Mehra- Sports Lawyer & an activist since 1999 . Successfully challenged various National Sports federations including the Indian Olympic Associaiton