"We the People" Want Our Government Back!!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
"We the People" want our government back!
Our government is supposed to represent the People.
"We the People" want the following:
1. Transparency: An open online direct online site, clearly outlining ALL bills/laws being considered by Congress so that the American Public can see what is being considered and also track progress. This site will allow open communication/thoughts by American Citizens back to the Government. This site should allow access to individuals by Social Security No. No more hiding agendas within complicated bills and No more passing bills/laws in the middle of the Night. No more combining and hiding legislature within over-drafted documents designed to confuse or hide legislation. Americans will communicate wants and expectations via this site directly to Congress. A digital voting system should be set up as a means of getting a general view of what the majority of Americans want to see implemented. The American Public will decide on what issues we want to have a formal vote. Together we will make this a Government of the People, by the People, for the People.
2. Term Limits established and voted on by the American Public
3. Make Lobbying illegal. All U.S citizens should have an individual and equal voice in the government.
4. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. These funds may not be used for any other purpose.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. American voters will vote and determine raises based on performance.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/17. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
8. New Taxation Plan of All Citizens and Businesses to be established and voted on by the American Public. Plan to be developed by Congress and modified as needed based on American Public Feedback an Voted on by American Public.
9. Government Taxes/Finances/Payments/Budgets will be Tracked, Audited and Reported to the American Public.
Today: Susan is counting on you
Susan Wingard needs your help with “"We the People" Want Our Government Back!!”. Join Susan and 61 supporters today.