Proposed Canadian Tire 10-Bay Garage at University Plaza Needs Study and We Need Groceries
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
1. Losing 1 of the only 2 major grocery stores in Dundas, especially at University Plaza, will negatively impact many residents, including students and seniors that walk there every other day. We need it to remain a 1-stop plaza for all of our essentials.
2. The new auto shop will have 10 bays operating 13 hours a day, 6 days a week and 9 hours on Sunday facing residences & bordering Conservation Lands. What about the long term impacts from the substantial contaminants? There are insufficient studies done and no public consultation.
3. There is a bigger Canadian Tire just 11 minutes' drive away from the existing Cootes Drive location.
4. Turning it into a Canadian Tire plaza with the noise from 10 repair garages, & no grocery store, will decrease the liveability and desirability of the surrounding neighbourhood, and property values.
5. The location is well suited for a discount grocery store like FoodBasics, or a local chain like FarmBoy, Goodness Me, or another major grocery chain.
In light of the above and in the best interests and needs of our community, we respectfully ask the following:
· that the City not approve the proposed conversion, given the lack of knowledge of the environmental impacts and the detrimental effect on the livability of the surrounding area,
· that Canadian Tire either refurbish their existing location on Cootes Drive or move to a different location where it will not impact a well-established residential neighbourhood and Conservation Area, and
· that RioCan find another grocery chain to take over Metro’s lease.
Today: Concerned residents of Little John Road and Tweedsmuir Avenue is counting on you
Concerned residents of Little John Road and Tweedsmuir Avenue needs your help with “We need groceries in University Plaza, not more repair garages”. Join Concerned residents of Little John Road and Tweedsmuir Avenue and 1,105 supporters today.