We must unseat invisible racism because as long as it remains human rights and individual dignity will forever be under threat:
• The invisible racism that leads to Voter Photo ID laws that suppress the democratic rights of the elderly, people of color and the poor
• The invisible racism that made targets of thousands of African American, Latino and working class households, as unscrupulous lenders caused them to lose their homes to foreclosure
• The invisible racism that drives a torrent of anti-immigration laws instead of legislation that provides paths to citizenship
• The invisible racism that allows tragedy as long as there is profit in places like the Democratic Republic of Congo, where more than 4 million children, women and men have died as a result of “Blood Coltan” and other mineral mining operations
• The invisible racism that has resulted in more African American men currently in prison or jail, on probation or parole, than were enslaved in 1850, before the Civil War began.
We petition to unseat invisible racism and to drive it from the dark corners of humanity, into the light, so that its true inhumane nature is revealed.