NZ Beauty Industry WE ARE MORE THAN GLAMOUR - Change Our Education Category To Health.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
We the Beauty Therapy and Aesthetic therapies of NZ as represented by the NZ Board of Professional Skin Therapies [NZBPST], strongly object to being classified as Creativity, Culture, Recreation and Technology and demand it be changed to Allied Health under the Health section of WDC.
In Conjunction with the legislation to be brought into action for polytechnics and apprenticeships there will be a number of changes in the way that NZ Education will be categorized - with one large categorization affecting the Beauty Industry.
The workforce development council (WDC) and Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) is going to be re-categorising beauty therapists and our industry will literally be categorised under CREATIVITY, CULTURE, RECREATION & TECHNOLOGY which consists of:
- IT & Gaming
- Arts and Performance
- Design and Crafts
- Horse & Dog Racing
- Sports and Physical Recreation Activities.
Just to name a few...
At a meeting on Wednesday with the interim establishment board, NZBPST learnt that the NZ Association of Registered Beauty Professionals and HITO have already agreed upon this category for our future therapists to be educated under.
NZBPST feels that given the advanced skin work that we do including the high-end and skin penetration treatments, we should be categorized under Allied Health in the Health Category instead to ensure the correct health & hygiene and education standards are in place for our industry - Now and in the Future.
WE WANT OUR INDUSTRY TO BE RECOGNIZED IN OUR COUNTRY FOR MORE THAN JUST THE STIGMATIZED SUPERFICIAL GLAMOUR TREATMENTS.
The other category available for Beauty/Skin Professionals is: Allied health in the Health category.
Why Change Our Industry to Health Education Category?
- Because highly qualified therapists perform advanced skin treatments that require a high level of skill and knowledge and make major physical and emotional changes in our client’s health and well-being.
- No one else have the qualifications, skill, and knowledge to perform these treatments
- Anatomy and Physiology knowledge to entry nursing level is required.
- We not only treat acne, Rosacea, Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis, pigmentation, and damaged skin but manage clients with health issues as well.
- With the rapidly evolving developments in technology and equipment that we use, we require fine-tuned skills and knowledge to operate it.
- Our ever-changing industry is advancing rapidly introducing more and more treatments which penetrate the skin deeper to improve skin health.
- We educate clients to have Melanoma checks, mammograms health checks and other wellness initiatives.
- We are identified as health care providers under HDC, Health Act. We are responsible to provide a duty of care to our clients.
- To re-categorize our profession as creative and recreational will destroy our credibility and the confidence that our clients have in us and the advice we recommend.
As Beauty and Skin Professionals YOU are experts in our industry, in our field - At NZBPST we believe YOU are more than just a glamour artist...
If any changes are to be made to this category, NZBPST must know where therapists stand on this category choice - WE NEED YOUR VOICE.
Once the category has been finalized, it will be mandated and become law
NZ Board of Professional Skin Therapies (NZBPST) is urging all beauty and skin professionals to sign this petition and take part in a submission to act upon a change of category our industry will soon be categorized under.
We need your help and We need it now - Help Us Give Our Industry A Voice.
NZBPST are ensuring the voices of Professional Skin Therapists are being heard!
Help Us Frame The FUTURE of Our Industry - Help Us Help You To Be Recognized!
~ NZ Board of Professional Skin Therapies ~
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!