Help support clean water and environmental compliance in West Des Moines and Waukee.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
1. We are asking the City of Waukee to contact the following developers and ask them to voluntarily remove the developers' silt, soil, and trash from the ponds of and around Southfork:
- Hubbell Realty
- Signature Commercial Real Estate
- Caliber Iowa
- Brick Towne (Dickson Jensen)
The City Inspections of both West Des Moines and Waukee sites show repeated violations of the Clean Water Act, the City's own ordinances, and best management practices as outlined by the Iowa SUDAS (Statewide Urban Designs and Specifications).
Repeated written complaints to the cities, the Iowa DNR, and the EPA have resulted in virtually no action or improvement.
2. We are asking the Cities of West Des Moines and Waukee to require retention and detention on the recent developments to decrease the velocity of water that is damaging the property in Southfork, Brentwood, and Country Club.
3. We request enforcement of the City of Waukee ordinances and General Permit #2 of the Iowa DNR. Violations should be enforced and developers shut down for repeated violations per the Iowa DNR.
Today: John is counting on you
John Hancock needs your help with “Waukee Mayor and City Council Members: Help support clean water and environmental compliance in West Des Moines and Waukee.”. Join John and 117 supporters today.