Get Google to Activate Trash & Hazard Reporting
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
WHAT: We are asking Google to activate easy waste/hazard mapping across all Google mobile operating system, so that we can make easy commands like
"Ok, Google, #CleanApp this trash..."
and that provides guidance for Android and/or Glass and/or Chrome and/or Waze and/or StreetView and/or GoogleMaps and so on -- to do the following:
- take a photo of whatever the user's pointing at;
- upload it to a central Google database for analysis & refinement;
- make accessible to public/third parties for distribution to responsible or interested parties.
WHY: Because waste is costly and dangerous.
- From drug litter in San Francisco to cigarettes at a playground, litter doesn't just kill wildlife, it kills all of us.
- Fact: microplastic is now in sea salt and many other foods -- so we are literally eating our own trash, including known carcinogens and endocrine disruptors.
- Enough is enough.
WHO: You + Google + CleanApp Foundation (a US nonprofit)
- With more than 2 billion active monthly mobile users, Google's reach and scale will allow concerned citizens to build first-ever truly global real-time trash and debris maps.
- This is as crucial for disaster recovery in places like Houston, Mumbai, Puerto Rico or Mexico City as it is for mass transit security in places like New York and Hong Kong.
- Remember the Boston Marathon tragedy, the recent London underground bombing? Now imagine all citizens have a simple reporting protocol, "Google, #CleanApp this sketchy bag." You get the point. Now Google needs to get the point.
HOW: Launching this is in Google's own financial interest. We just need to reach decision-makers.
- That's what separates our petition from other similar pleas. We are not asking Google for charity.
- Google will be able to mine this data and the billions of real-time jargon-filled #CleanApp commands to strengthen its AI processes, to teach its big GoogleBrain, and to create entire new billion $$ cleantech market segments, just like it did with GoogleMaps, StreetView, Glass, and so on.
WHEN: GoogleCleanApp could be in your hands within 3 months of us reaching 300,000 signatures.
- Our target is 300,000 because that's was the number needed to get Google to add wheelchair/ADA accessible routes to GoogleMaps. Our petition is similar in scope; so we have set a reasonable precedent-based target.
- As soon as people realize they can #CleanApp overflowing bins, waste, and hazardous conditions with Google--global scaling will be lightning fast.
- When people start seeing autonomous Trashformers and human responders actually dealing with trash problems that are being CleanApped, these reporting habits will stay with people in airports, at work, and in their homes or Nests.
PRIVACY: Functionality like this requires heightened privacy protections.
- We are actively building dynamic 100% user-defined data security/privacy regimes so you can #CleanApp at home and outdoors without someone cracking your reporting files.
- Whether it's Google (or Twitter or Apple or Amazon, etc.) who will be the first to market with a global CleanApp, you can be sure that we will fight for the strongest data privacy protections that are technically feasible. Period.
Today: CleanApp Foundation is counting on you
CleanApp Foundation needs your help with “Want Google to Activate Waste & Hazard Reporting?”. Join CleanApp Foundation and 320 supporters today.