Introduce Pet Suffocation Warning Labels to all UK Crisp and Other Snack Packaging

0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!

Our Jack Russell Fizz.

On September 20th 2017, we lost our much-loved dog Fizz. Fizz was a greedy girl who often rummaged through the bins around the house in search for food. We loved Fizz for her mischievous nature; never did we imagine that it would eventually cost her, her life. At age 15 after a life-time of getting herself into sticky situations, poor Fizz suffocated after getting her head stuck in a crisp packet at home.

Since Fizz died, we have been shocked to learn that we are not alone in our grief. Many families have lost their beloved pets to suffocation in snack packaging. Once a curious pet gets their head inside a snack packet they are unable to remove it. Their breathing only tightens the bag around their head, cutting off the oxygen and leading to asphyxiation. It devastates us that we could have prevented Fizz’s death had we been aware of the dangers of crisp packets. We don’t want any more dogs to lose their life needlessly. We believe that awareness would be raised if snack companies were to add a ‘pet suffocation’ warning label to their bags.

Today: Taylor is counting on you

Taylor John-Lewis needs your help with “Walkers : Introduce pet suffocation warning labels to all UK crisp packets”. Join Taylor and 271 supporters today.