Stop the development of the Rock Falls Apartment complex on China Spring Highway.
This petition made change with 1,180 supporters!
The development of the Rock Falls Apartment complex in the China Spring area comes with a host of potential and real issues:
1. Lower property values of single family dwellings in the area.
2. Increased stress and use of our already burdened roads. We simply cannot take on additional traffic at this time. Furthermore, public transportation is not currently offered in the China Spring area. Adding public transportation/buses would be additionally detrimental to our roads and traffic.
3. Crime is likely to increase with the type of development being proposed. Research clearly shows a direct correlation between low-income housing and an increase in crime, particularly property crimes when the low-income housing is surrounded by single family dwellings. Also, there is a real possibility of an increase in violent crimes.
4. We do not have enough retail establishments to provide adequate employment opportunities for apartment complex residents.
5. We do not have a grocery store. This would create issues for residents who may not have access to a reliable vehicle.
6. Our schools are not equipped to handle a large influx of students. The addition of this apartment complex would likely add hundreds of students to the local district. They do not have the facilities or staff to deal with this addition. Furthermore, our schools are funded primarily by residents, as we have a very small business tax base. Adding these students, without the addition of tax monies, would create a difficult situation at best.
Please consider supporting our efforts to halt the development of the Rock Falls Apartment complex by signing this petition.
Today: China is counting on you
China Spring needs your help with “Waco City Council: Stop the development of the Rock Falls Apartment complex on China Spring Highway.”. Join China and 1,179 supporters today.